Acupuncture Face Lifts (non-surgical)
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is a safe and relatively painless, non-surgical method of reducing the signs of aging. Though Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture can sometimes be referred to as an Acupuncture Facelift or Cosmetic Acupuncture, it is more than a cosmetic procedure. It is a rejuvenation and revitalization process designed to help the whole body look and feel younger.
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture was originally developed for patients with paralyzed muscles from Bell’s Palsy or stroke. The result of treatment was so cosmetically pronounced overtime that it was transformed into a program for anti-aging and beauty.
There are two aspects to the benefits of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture. One is the benefit of ‘local’ treatment and one is the benefit of ‘root’ treatment. Local treatment directly addresses facial aging symptoms while root treatment treats the underlying cause of facial symptoms such as hormonal balance, digestive problems or emotional stress. Both local and root treatments are performed in each session to provide the best and the longest lasting benefits.
What are the effects?
- Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture may erase as many as 5 to 15 years from the face, with results apparent after a course of treatments.
- Fine lines may be eliminated and wrinkles diminished.
- Bags under the eyes can be reduced, jowls firmed, puffiness eliminated, droopy eyelids lifted and double chins minimized.
- Other likely results include: moisturizing of the skin with increased local circulation of blood and lymph to the face; increased collagen production, muscle tone, and dermal contraction; tightening of the pores; brightening of the eyes; improvement of hormonal balance to help acne and the reduction of stress. This brings out the innate beauty and radiance of an individual.
While it does not produce the dramatic results of some of invasive procedures, it does help the face look younger, healthier and more radiant without dangerous side effects. Facial acupuncture is much more effective than facial massage alone.
A 1996 report in the International Journal of Clinical Acupuncture reported that among 300 cases treated with Facial Acupuncture, 90% had marked effects with one course of treatment. These effects included: the skin becoming delicate and fair, improvement of the elasticity of facial muscles and levelling of wrinkles, a ruddier complexion, and overall rejuvenation not confined to the face.
Since the body/mind/spirit are all connected, negative emotions reflect in the face and change the appearance of skin texture, color and tension. Acupuncture can eliminate stress and bring out innate strength, vitality and health. You will not only look younger but also most certainly feel younger.
Why choose Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture over a surgical face-lift?
While not a replacement for surgery, Acupuncture Facial Rejuvenation is an excellent alternative. It is far less costly than cosmetic surgery and is safe, virtually painless, has no side effects or risk of disfigurement. Unlike surgery that may have an extended recovery period with swelling and discoloration, there is no trauma from Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture. While Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture cannot reshape one’s nose or chin, it is a more subtle rejuvenation that takes years off one’s face safely and naturally while improving overall health.
In some people, slight bruising may occur, especially around the eye or neck area. This is nothing compared to the bruising, pain and swelling associated with a surgical procedure. These bruises will disappear in three to seven days.
Are there any contraindications?
Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture is contraindicated for some pituitary disorders, heart disorders, diabetes mellitus, high blood pressure, individuals who have a pacemaker or who have a problem with bleeding or bruising, or who currently suffer from migraine headaches. Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture should not be done during pregnancy, during a bout with a cold or flu, during an allergic attack or during an acute herpes outbreak.
What is the course of treatment and cost of a session?
- A course of treatment consists of 10-15 sessions (generally 12). We recommend that clients have the first 6 sessions twice a week and have the last 6 sessions once a week to get maximum result. This means that a full course of sessions takes 9 weeks to complete.
- Some results may be seen as early as the 2nd or the 3rd session but the effects become most noticeable and lasting on or about the 7th or 8th session. In some exceptionally difficult cases, the course of treatment may need to be repeated again. As in surgical facelifts, the actual outcome and how long the effects will last cannot be predicted. Each person responds differently, depending on his or her age, condition and lifestyle prior to treatment. For this reason, results for some may be more or less dramatic than they are for others.
- Following the initial course of treatment, monthly maintenance sessions can prolong the results for 5 to 10 years. The benefits of a monthly maintenance program are not limited to the face, but rather, improve the body’s overall health and vitality. This, in itself, slows down the aging process.
- Each session will take from 60 to 90 minutes. Costs vary with the extent of treatments required for each individual. It is recommended that a course of 12 sessions be scheduled. Acupuncture will range from $180 to $200.